Saturday, December 6, 2008

Whirlwind...

The last few weeks have been dizzyingly busy:
  1. Lining up my job transfer with UPS
  2. Testing the troubled waters of packing (meaning Lacey's done a lot of work, and I've helped a little bit)
  3. Prepping for the Holidays
  4. Stressing about the Christmas Party (Talent Show performance)
This is all overwhelming.
So, how do you deal with feeling overwhelmed?
I ignore it.
Denial is a potent sedative,
and I have to say,
I wanna be sedated.

The stress is really straining things at home (stress causes strain? profound isn't it?), there's just a lot of stuff bearing down on us.
And as I've said before, I don't so much rise to the occasion as ignore it until the last possible moment, when I roll out of the way like Indy dodging the giant stone ball (except instead of running away, I've been staring at it, more or less, the whole time it's been getting closer and closer).

But it's not all bad news, we've gotten a lot of stuff done, and it seems like all that's left to do is...well a lot of crap actually, but nothing with a deadline that is nearer than the first of January.

I'm sure it will all work out, but right now things are moving at a maddeningly slow pace. Which worries me, because everyone keeps saying how fast everything is going to be happening. I'm ready for that part to happen, because I really just want to be past all this awkward transition crap and settled in Austin, going to school.

2 comments:

Gabby said...

It will all be over soon! Famous last words.

somekindarobot said...

The Christmas party will go just fine! See you tomorrow. Love you.

<3