Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Viscious!!!

I think it (Viscious!!!) could be the new righteous (as in stoner exclamation of praise, not Godlikeness).

I have to clear up the whole viscious moralism thing.

I got sidetracked from my original thesis, which wasn't that the coen bros. have this philosophy called viscious moralism, which is tough to defend I'll concede (though not impossible).

But since that wasn't my original thesis, I'll state it here...

"The Coen's are really viscious moralists."

I think their work is about ethics, and that they promote moralism and do it visciously. No Country fits in with everything that happens to Josh Brolin after the seemingly innocent decision to take the dead drug dealer's money.

Star Wars Mania in the works! (All six episodes back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back)

1 comment:

Bryan Cox said...

Now I see your point my friend. The Coen's may very well be vicious moralists. I misunderstood you to mean that all of their protagonists were the moralists.