Saturday, November 15, 2008

This Letter is to Inform You...

My acceptance letter from UT hasn't actually arrived, but through the wonder of the digisphere I already know I've been accepted, don't ask how, the digisphere made me promise not to tell you.

So...now what? I get to study philosophy at the number five school of philosophy in the nation, live in Austin, go to the Texas equivalent of Central Park whenever I want, get involved with a real local live music scene, live in Austin, meet new people, live in Austin, buy records whenever I feel like it (or at least be close enough to gaze at them fondly if I can't afford them), live in Austin, etc.

It's exciting, but of course, carries a lot of weight with it. Like Dr. Jim says, we need to be prayed up. I think my prayer for me and mine would be that this would be an instrument of positive change and growth through success rather than failure, as I'm the sort to learn from either; I've done enough of the former, I'd like to try the latter.

No comments: