Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What Does it Mean?

It's a shame this didn't occur to me before I voted, as it is without a doubt, in my mind, the best reason to vote for Obama.

Barack Obama, as the first black President, has an opportunity to be hands down the most influential role model on a demographic that is in desperate need of a good example, namely young black men.

I didn't think there could ever be a voice that could shout louder than the blaring beats and philosophy of bitches and money that permeates hip-hop culture, but the quiet, firm voice of Obama has a shot.

Just one more audacious hope I guess.

5 comments:

Gabby said...

The whole "the man is keeping us down" will fall to the wayside as well! Actually, white folks will probably pick it up!HA...It will be wonderful to have the face of America brown for a change! May God bless him with great wisdom!!!

Bryan Cox said...

One of my co-workers, who is black, asked if you were a prejudice person because of the comment on facebook. haha

somekindarobot said...

Not prejudiced, just cynical. And it turns out I was wrong, the black vote was not a major factor.

Bryan Cox said...

I told her you were a bigot. Just joshing ya; I told her you were the opposite actually, a good man, and a crafty linguist (actually kind of like Obama).

somekindarobot said...

and will probably lead us in the same direction Obama is leading us...

straight to hell in handbasket
(to hear Christians tell it anyway)