Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feeling pretty good right now...

This is one of those narcissistic posts where I tell you something simply because I'm thinking it. I'm going to share a quote from an email I got from a friend of mine...he's somewhat perturbed by my new found passion for Jesus.

"You come off as a suburban bro who has grown a set of testaments to better commune with his wealthy Zondervan-bound patrons."

Let me just say, that whatever people have said about me possessing some sort of writing ability, the sum-total of ability I've demonstrated pales in comparison to the cohesive brilliance of this statement.

I love the phrase "grew a set of testaments" If I'm in ministry, I'll use that one until the day I die.

Seriously, all you semi-believing Christians who want to hide your faith to look cool. Grow a pair and start living for Jesus.

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Well put. What did Driskell say..."if your going to die on a hill, at least let it be one that benefits you (or someone else)...Good hill to be on Andrew! Love your willingness to engage!

Gabby said...

Fixed sudo and noted on Driscoll...I was spelling it like the hotel in Austin by the same name. And sudo? Who knows how to spell it other than pshcos and pshyc majors? Both of which I hope are misspelled. Love you!!

somekindarobot said...

I just enjoy reading all your entries. :)

Love you

Lacey

Leigh said...

Amen, preach on ...