Thursday, July 31, 2008

Juggling Act

I'm currently reading several great books at the same time, while studying Romans and preparing next month's playlist (top five records is the theme).

Nevertheless, my brain is suffering from ED, I seriously think my grey matter is unwinding. I'm hoping this will lead to some sort of union with "the force" where I cease to possess a physical body and live forever as a blue hologram.

In reality I'm just scatterbrained (can ya tell?). But I decided to throw together a hodge-podge of ideas from what I've been reading and studying.

First, can I ask an obvious question (in relation to the study of Romans) why is it that Paul is capable of being, at times remarkably succint and at other times, maddeningly vague? I'm too scatterbrained to pull in actual references but even after addressing my Roman's commentary (Stott) I'm no closer to understanding more difficult sections (Romans 9) and find the applications of several of the basic sections (Romans 1-4) to be hard to buy into.

But on to some of the books. The Reason For God by Tim Keller is the madnotes! I'm not sure if it's appropriate to combine a Kevin Smith reference with an apologetics book, but if it isn't...I never said I was appropriate, or family friendly. Anyway, the book is fantastic. Talk about a respectable and learned response to the skeptical age in which we live. GO BUY IT NOW.

3 comments:

mammax10 said...

hey dude, how 'bout if i just borrow your copy when you're done!? :)))

Heath said...

I can't email you my quotes file because I don't know your email address.

Gabby said...

Good to see you are back at it son...have missed reading you, will give thought and wisdom if and when any come to me...carry on! Glad we are members at the same congregation by the way. G